Our Family Worker
My name is Gail and I am the Family Worker based in our fantastic new building that is named Hepworth within the grounds of Putnoe Primary. My role is to offer support to both children and parents who might be experiencing difficulties. I have been working and supporting families for many years now and I have been employed within Bedford for the past 9 years + so I have knowledge of many local organisations that can also offer support.
Please feel free to come and have a chat or to make an appointment to meet with me at school, or I can visit you at home. My contact details are: -
- You can ask at the office to see if I am available or
- You can call me direct on 01234 322051 or
- You can call me or text me on my work mobile, which is 07716 855 719
At the bottom of this page, there are a range of documents, including:
- A document that explains the meaning behind some educational 'jargon' that is used
- Information on CHUMS, a charity that supports the mental health and well-being of young children
- Information on FACES, an organisation that support children and families with a befriending service.
- A government documents linked to the safeguarding and welfare of children
- A booklet on Bedford's volunteer service
- Information on a 'Dads Group' to support those caring for children with disabilities and additional needs
- A postcard containing information on 'Triple P', a family transitions programme providing help for parents who are experiencing personal distress from separation and divorce
- A family lives poster and leaflet
- Some information on an 'online parents together course'
- Details of a 'Level 1 Childcare Programme'
- A flyer from Spectrum support about parental support sessions they are running
- A poster from FACES
- Details of what is on at the Women's Centre
- Information on a fully-funded TA and Childcare course run by The Bedford College Group
This is updated regularly so please keep coming back and check the site.
I really hope to meet with you soon.