Our Family Worker
My name is Gail and I am the Family Worker based in our fantastic new building that is named Hepworth within the grounds of Putnoe Primary. My role is to offer support to both children and parents who might be experiencing difficulties. I have been working and supporting families for many years now and I have been employed within Bedford for the past 9 years + so I have knowledge of many local organisations that can also offer support.
Please feel free to come and have a chat or to make an appointment to meet with me at school, or I can visit you at home. My contact details are: -
- You can ask at the office to see if I am available or
- You can call me direct on 01234 322051 or
- You can call me or text me on my work mobile, which is 07716 855 719
At the bottom of this page, there are a range of documents, including:
- A document that explains the meaning behind some educational 'jargon' that is used
- Information on CHUMS, a charity that supports the mental health and well-being of young children
- Information on FACES, an organisation that support children and families with a befriending service.
- A government documents linked to the safeguarding and welfare of children
- A booklet on Bedford's volunteer service
- Information on a 'Dad's Group' to support those caring for children with disabilities and additional needs
- A Triple P leaflet to support parents and children experiencing separation or divorce
- A family lives poster and leaflet
- Some information on an 'online parents together course'
- Details of a 'Level 1 Childcare Programme'
- A poster from FACES
- Information on a fully-funded TA and Childcare course run by The Bedford College Group
- Details on support that can be offered from Aquarius, including drug and alcohol support and drop in services they offer
- Four information sheets from Bedford Borough Council regarding Early Years, Prevent & Control, Safeguarding & Prevent and Teaching Assistant training
- Two pages that give details on weight management support
- Two information posters from CHUMS; one giving information on how to build resilience in the Early Years and the other about a Sleep Workshop
- A flyer from the Bedford Women's Centre about the support they can offer
- Information about some online training that is planned around support that can be given to children and young people with their emotional wellbeing
This is updated regularly so please keep coming back and check the site.
I really hope to meet with you soon.