Early childhood is the foundation on which children build the rest of their lives. At Putnoe Primary School, we greatly value the importance that the EYFS plays in laying secure foundations for future learning and development. It is important to view the EYFS as preparation for life and not simply preparation for the next stage of education.
We provide a broad and balanced curriculum that will enable each child to develop personally, socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically, creatively and intellectually to their full potential. Each child is valued as an individual and teaching and learning is based on the understanding that children develop at different rates.
At the bottom of this page is the school's Early Years Policy and information regarding early literacy parental support. Our Curriculum Overviews can be found on our class pages of this website.
A Typical Early Years Day
- 09.00: Literacy/Maths
- 09.30: Session 1 (Discovery Time/Expressive Arts and Design/Physical Development)
- 10.00: Snack/Playtime
- 10.30: Session 2 (Discovery Time/Expressive Arts and Design/Physical Development)
- 11.00: Phonics
- 11.30: Lunch
- 12.30: Maths/Understanding the World
- 13.00: Discovery time/Reading
- 14.00: Snack/Playtime
- 14.30 Communication and Language activities and story time
- 15.00: Getting ready for home time/school prayer
Getting Ready for Reception
The following video contains some extremely useful information to explain how to get ready for the foundation stage. It can be watched in many languages and these can be access by clicking on the backwards and forwards buttons (that look like |< or >|) after you have pressed play.
Our PE days are all on a Friday; children come to school dressed in their kits. Our PE sessions are all outside.
Children are asked to wash their hands:
- Upon entering the classroom
- Before and after eating lunch
- After using the toilets
- Before going outside
- Before going inside