Early childhood is the foundation on which children build the rest of their lives. At Putnoe Primary School, we greatly value the importance that the EYFS plays in laying secure foundations for future learning and development. It is important to view the EYFS as preparation for life and not simply preparation for the next stage of education.
We provide a broad and balanced curriculum that will enable each child to develop personally, socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically, creatively and intellectually to their full potential. Each child is valued as an individual and teaching and learning is based on the understanding that children develop at different rates.
If you have a child due to start school in September 2020, information about our early years setting and provision can be found at the bottom of this page. There is also a video to watch that gives you an insight into our setting.
Also at the bottom of this page is the school's Early Years Policy and information regarding early literacy parental support. Our Curriculum Overviews can be found on our class pages of this website.
A Typical Early Years Day
- 9.00 - Lesson 1 (English or Maths)
- 10.00 - Snack/Independent Learning/Outside Classroom (PE, ICT, Guided Reading)
- 11.00 - Lesson 2 (Phonics)
- 11.30 - Lunch
- 12.45 - Lesson 3 (English or Maths)
- 1.30 - Specific Areas (EAD, Music or UW) (Independent Learning/Outside Classroom, Guided Reading)
- 3.00 - Story
- 3.15 - Teaching & Learning Ends