Early childhood is the foundation on which children build the rest of their lives. At Putnoe Primary School, we greatly value the importance that the EYFS plays in laying secure foundations for future learning and development. It is important to view the EYFS as preparation for life and not simply preparation for the next stage of education.
We provide a broad and balanced curriculum that will enable each child to develop personally, socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically, creatively and intellectually to their full potential. Each child is valued as an individual and teaching and learning is based on the understanding that children develop at different rates.
To find out more about the provision in the Foundation Stage, please download the Early Years Policy below and the Curriculum Overviews which can be found on our class pages of this website.
A Typical Early Years Day
- 9.00 - Lesson 1 (English or Maths)
- 10.00 - Snack/Independent Learning (PE, ICT, Guided Reading)
- 11.00 - Lesson 2 (Phonics)
- 11.30 - Lunch
- 12.45 - Lesson 3 (English or Maths)
- 1.30 - Specific Areas (EAD, Music or UW) (Independent Learning, Guided Reading)
- 3.00 - Story
- 3.15 - Teaching & Learning Ends