As you are aware, schools have been asked to re-open, on the 8th March, to all students. We have been set the challenge of bringing all pupils back whilst maintaining safe systems and practices for children, staff and visitors.
We have not opted for a staggered re-opening process i.e. different year groups returning on different days as we have been able to ensure our bubbles remain consistent and isolated from other classes/bubbles. All classes will return on 8th March which is an arrangement supported by other local head teachers.
The guidance states that our measures must be proportionate and regularly reviewed. The essential health and safety measures are:
- that people who are ill stay at home
- robust hand and respiratory hygiene
- enhanced cleaning arrangements
- active engagement with NHS Test and Trace
- formal consideration of how to reduce contacts and maximise distancing between those in school wherever possible and minimise potential for contamination so far as is reasonably practicable
The menu options under our reopening tab will give additional information to show how we are addressing these challenges and how we intend to keep your children as safe as possible.
All of our measures and arrangements are subject to change as we go through our first few days and weeks. Our aim is to provide the safest environment possible for your children. Any significant changes will be published on the website followed by a text to ask you to check the relevant information.